What am I missing by not watching anime?
Cartoon characters have been a significant part of our childhood. But as we grew up, we realized that there were various genres under that. The one which caught the attention of millions of adults worldwide was the Anime cartoons. Even manga has been the center of attention for the millennials.
Now the problem is people are confused between both the terms. The Anime is the Japanese animations, whereas the manga denotes storyline or comic book versions.
Many of the comic book fans and animation enthusiasts have a constant question, that is, “What anime should I watch?”. This question has so many answers if asked to a fan.
You might see that the fandom of the anime includes people in their adulthood. Ever wondered why these Japanese cartoons are watched by the adult community more than the kids? The reason behind it is quite logical. The fact that the stories in these series are profound and intense makes the fans ardent about it.
These graphics are started by making a basic drawing referred to as the anime base. The TV show which is shown might look like an easy job. But the reality is that manga is hand-drawn and that too frame by frame. This manga is then made into a TV show, and a beautiful concept is digitalized into an anime series.
An Anime fan possibly cannot explain why it is excellent, mainly because only the viewers understand how emotional and profound its impacts can be. One unique aspect of anime is the anime eyes. Those twinkling eyes are like a stamp, which makes it interesting.
So what is the craze about these Japanese graphics, which is spreading like wildfire?
Reasons why you should watch the anime
- Anime was created as a source of entertainment, just like any other cartoon. But as the art found its way to different regions, especially the West, there was no stopping. As technology got enhanced, the fandom expanded.
- One vital point that makes this entertainment source appealing is its art form, expressiveness, and quality. The content is original, and every story lives up to the expectations of viewers.
- The way an anime base is drawn might be fascinating for some. The art involved behind those sparkling anime eyes is undefined. It is a growing industry in Japan.
- These series were initially created for the kids to watch. It was like a typical cartoon in Japan unless it came into the attention of the world.
- As the fandom started growing, the anime series content became mature. The storyline and concept behind these anime characters left a profound impact on the audience. They portrayed the values of discipline, family, and friendship.
- Children were made to watch it as it taught them morals through the beautiful art forms. The anime eyes have some magic because of how expressive they can be.
- The variety in the series made it even more enjoyable. Several genres are in anime, like horror, action, comedy, supernatural, tragedy, romance, and historical dramas. So due to such a diverse nature, it attracted a considerable number of people.
- A common misconception about animation is that it is only for kids. Though the cartoons were made for kids as a mode of entertainment, it was not a compulsion. These Japanese graphics fascinated the minds of people of all ages.
- It all started with what anime should I watch to watching numerous series without any hesitation.
Any drawbacks of watching the anime?
The most common thing which might not qualify as a drawback, but is not a good habit, is the addiction. The anime series and manga are something that may drive its fans crazy.
But how can a simple anime addiction be harmful? Well, those innocent and passionate anime eyes can destroy life as quickly as a simple anime base.
One more distinctive feature is the manga or the story. The stories give a valuable moral, but it has a slight disadvantage. The thing is the intensity of the action is equally powerful. Kids might get inspired by the violence shown.
Anime can be so addictive that it can keep the viewers glued to it for hours. This addictive behavior might be due to how engaging the content is, and the graphics are alluring.
Fascination towards these series causes delusive contentment; that is, it gives hope to the viewers, which may not be accurate. The false hope might affect social life, but it can be avoided if mature decisions are taken. The kids and even adults become so engrossed that their minds always think of what anime should I watch next.
These drawbacks of anime are not harmful if the craze is handled in a controlled manner.
Ok, got it. I want to start watching, where do I start?
The anime series is available on all platforms now. Earlier it was broadcasted on local TV; then, it was only on kid’s channels. The popular Japanese cartoon series which most of us must have watched a child is Pokemon. It was around the 90s when it expanded from its motherland to various countries.
So now, once you have read what anime is about, you must be thinking about what anime should I watch?
There is a lot of options for an amateur. Some stories have so many seasons that it can take years to be a diehard fan depending on binge-watching frequency.
Some commonly watched and popular recommendations would be Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Attack on Titans, Death Note, etc. Also, you can search for specific genres and choose a series based on how impactful it is.
Amateurs are advised to start on a lighter note because the anime series level shall progress as they watch.
Summarising the world of anime
There is not one, but multiple reasons for you to watch anime. But as usual, every entertainment mode has its limitations attached to it.
The anime base might be an outline of a character, but it determines its personality and the impact of the overall series. The anime series is not just limited to entertainment purposes, but it gives out a message.
Check our other posts: